**Race today was good...I'll post tomorrow with a race recap once I find out my official stats!
I was tagged by Dave for a 2007 race questionnaire. So here we go!
1. Most memorable moment on the trails in 2007.
There are so many, but one thing I truly loved was getting to know my brother-in-law and my friend Laura better on many long trail runs. It's amazing how much you talk about on these runs! One specific moment was finishing the Stumpjump 50K. I trained long and hard for it and to actually finish it under extremely hot conditions was awesome...even thought I paid for it for about a month!
2. Best new trail discovered in 2007.
Since I started trail running in 2007, so all of them in Memphis (there are only about 5-6)! I had never heard much about trail running before this year and I will do it for years to come. But my favorite trail here in Memphis would have to be the Wolf River trails blue trail.
3. My best performance of 2007.
In terms of speed and how I felt afterwards, I would have to say the 5 mile race I ran as part of the Memphis Runner road race series. My pace was 8:35 and I felt awesome afterwards because I never thought I could do something like that. But after the 50K I felt pretty dern proud of myself, but it was not my best performance.
4. I don't know how I previously survived without...
Well, something material I've grown to love/need this year is my ultimate direction hand held water bottle. But one I I learned about survival and running is having a good base built! I didn't know I didn't have one until the Stumpjump, so that is what I've been concentrating on, so we'll see how it benefits me this spring!
5. The person I would most like to meet on the trails in 2008.
Similar to Dave's response, anyone who loves to run trails and especially people who blog and run around the Memphis area!
6. The race I am most excited about for 2008.
The trail race I'm most excited about is the Sylmore 25K. Most of members of the Memphis Ultra are going over there together and running. It'll be a new trail, good competition, and good company. The road race I'm most excited about is the Nashville Marathon - my first marathon ever and I'll be running it with my good friend and training partner Laura. Plus so far I've recruited three friends to come run the half marathon option. So that race weekend will be fun all around!
I tag Michael, Patrick, and Chris! Happy running!
No comments:
Post a Comment